MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
Since the time I joined HealthBay Polyclinic as a physiotherapist, majority of my outpatient’s complaint about pain surrounding the neck area.
In my statistics, every 5th outpatient has neck pain. Please find ideas about how to recognize neck pain symptoms and try to follow simple prevention advice.
After initial assessment consisting of mechanical and neurological approach I mostly find below sources of pain:
1. Neck stiffness – caused by blocked cervical vertebra joints or cervicothoracic junction pain (bad sleeping position, sudden movement)
2. Severely tense upper trapezius muscles due to maintained wrong position (office workers, drivers)
3. Kyphotic posture often connected with very tight pectoral muscles (postural alignment, gym-goers)
To treat above physiotherapist can offer different methods to treat your neck. In my opinion, a combination of approaches is key. “Hands-on therapy” connected with home exercises program and modalities will be a great physiotherapy choice.
1. Manual therapy which increases mobility in the blocked joints and improving space to release
2. Stretches and massages of the famous upper trapezius and suboccipital muscles to improve flexibility and tension.
3. Deep Dry Needling technique recognized by western medicine to decrease severe muscle spasms.
4. Taping technique to decrease tension over muscles and support them mimicking muscle fibers.
5. Postural exercises and functional training as a great example of exercises therapy
Pieces of Advice:
Accordingly to pain severity, I always suggest visiting a physiotherapist to fully assess your pain and find the source. For those who wish to maintain good neck health I advice physical activities:
– Daily muscle auto-stretches
– Daily postural exercises with elastic bands for deep neck muscles
– Rowing machine training
HealthBay Orthopaedic & Physiotherapy Centre, Al Wasl Branch
HealthBay, Motor City is NOW OPEN!
HealthBay, Motor City is NOW OPEN! After months of dedication and hard work, we’re pleased to announce HealthBa ..READ MORE
Now Open – Orthopaedics & Physiotherap
Now Open – Orthopaedics & Physiotherapy Centre Healthbay is pleased to announce the launch of its new Ort ..READ MORE
NOW OPEN - HealthBay Holistic Centre
Our newest clinic, The HealthBay Holistic Centre, is now open on Al Wasl Road. Located adjacent to the main HealthBay Al ..READ MORE
Ophthalmology Services now at HealthBay,
In order to serve our patients better, we have officially opened an Ophthalmology Department at HealthBay, Al Thanya bra ..READ MORE
HealthBay's Well Woman and Child Centre
After two years of hard work and dedication, we are proud to announce the opening of our new branch on Al Wasl Road - He ..READ MORE
HealthBay’s Oncology Centre
We are proud to announce that our Oncology Centre is officially open on Al Wasl Road. The Center will deliver firs ..READ MORE
HealthBay Dental Clinic is NOW OPEN!
We are proud to announce the opening of the newest branch in our Group - HealthBay Dental Clinic. The branch is convenie ..READ MORE
In the last couple of days fraudulent parties have attempted to confuse and fraud individuals and the public, through th ..READ MORE
Ear piercing available at HealthBay Al W
Only a physician can guarantee ear piercing is carried out in safe, hygienic and professional way. We are proud to offer ..READ MORE
Wound Care Clinic
At HealthBay we take pride in providing advanced wound care services in the management of problematic wounds. Patients a ..READ MORE
Family Medicine Clinic open on Fridays!
We are pleased to announce that from the 8th of June, our Family Medicine Clinic will be open on Fri ..READ MORE
Cardiology services now at the HealthBay
In order to serve our patients better, we have moved our Cardiology services to the HealthBay Oncology Ce ..READ MORE
Extended working hours for Family Medici
In order to serve our patients better, from September 2018, our Family Medicine Clinic at the Well Woman and Child ..READ MORE
Emirati Women's Day
HealthBay pays tribute to all the inspiring women of the UAE whose achievements and contribution are recognised and cele ..READ MORE
Re-Opening of HealthBay Motor City Branc
Our Motor City branch will be re-opening on 1st September! Our newest branch is located on the ground floor of the De ..READ MORE
Hijri New Year
Wishing all of our patients a prosperous and Happy Hijri from the HealthBay Team ..READ MORE
Back to School
Get your precious little ones geared up for yet another exciting school season! Book an appointment with our Family M ..READ MORE