HealthBay Welcomes Dr. Guinwa Khaddaj Gastroenterologist and Hepatologist
We are delighted to announce that Dr. Guinwa Khaddaj has joined HealthBay Gastroenterology & Digestive Health – Al Wasl – Gastroenterology team!
Dr. Guinwa Khaddaj is a Gastroenterologist – Hepatologist – Endoscopist. She is fluent in English, Spanish, and Arabic. She graduated from La Universidad del Zulia (LUZ) in Maracaibo (Venezuela) in 2013, with special training in GI motility disorders done at Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Florida (USA), with more than 10 years of experience, performing hundreds of endoscopic cases annually. Licensed to work in Venezuela, UAE (Dubai Health Authority) and Lebanon, with work experience in private and public institutions, attending gastroenterological emergencies such as upper gastrointestinal bleeding and its therapies (variceal banding, esclerotherapy, thermal therapy with bipolar electrocoagulation or heater probe, hemoclips), foreign body removal, polypectomy, esophageal dilations, lower gastrointestinal bleeding, screening colonoscopy. She also has vast experience in functional GI disorders such as esophageal motility disorders, performing and interpreting High Resolution Esophageal Manometry, esophageal pH and impedance, and anorectal manometry.
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease
- Liver, biliary and pancreatic diseases
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease
- Endoscopic control of gastrointestinal bleeding
- Screening Colonoscopy for Colorectal cancer
- Capsule endoscopy
- Esophageal and anorectal manometry
- Esophageal pH study
- Percutaneous endoscopic placement of gastrostomy feeding tubes
- Dilation of GI strictures
- Eradication treatment of Barrett’s esophagus (HALO method)
- Evaluation of dyspepsia, chronic diarrhea and constipation
- Diagnosis of food allergies and intolerances
- Helicobacter pylori eradication
- Gastric balloon insertion and removal
Dr. Guinwa practiced as a consultant gastroenterologist in Venezuela until 2016. She then moved to Dubai that same year and worked as a specialist in gastroenterology at Rashid Hospital before joining HealthBay in 2023.