- Pelvic floor rehabilitation for urinary incontinence faced by women during pregnancy, post-delivery, or any stage in their lives.
- Pelvic pain, low back pain, hypotonic, hypertonic pelvic floor muscles, symphysis pubis, Vaginismus
- Pelvic floor rehabilitation for urinary incontinence faced by men due to prostrate issues/post prostatectomy.
- Pregnancy massage for low back pain, mid scapular pain experienced during pregnancy ,and after delivery during breast feeding due to prolonged sitting in one position
- Pregnancy yoga
- Prenatal and postnatal exercises including manual therapy for Diastasis recti, low back pain, neck pain, upper back pain.
- Manual therapy for De Quervain tenosynovitis
- Osteopathic spinal manipulations
- Manual therapy techniques including hands on myofascial releases, dry needling, mobilizations for musculoskeletal, neurological, sports related injuries.
- Pre and post operative rehabilitation
- Graston’s technique for scar tissue mobilization
- Corrective exercises and management of musculoskeletal conditions like neck pain, back pain, poor posture , knee pain, ankle pain, knock knees, Osgood Schlatter disease, Sever’s disease in children above 5 years till 16 years.
Swapna holds a Master’s degree in physical therapy with specialization in Orthopedics from University of Indianapolis, Indiana, USA. She has 10 years+ of Physiotherapy experience practicing across India, USA and UAE. She has honed her skills in assessing, diagnosing and treating a wide range of musculoskeletal, neurological, and related conditions.
She holds a special interest in Women’s health related conditions as it’s a critical and rapidly evolving field in Physiotherapy. She believes physiotherapy plays a significant role during pregnancy as she has first hand experience in incorporating pelvic floor exercises, prenatal /postnatal exercises / yoga, manual therapy throughout her own two pregnancies.
She has been involved in providing valuable guidance and support to pregnant women helping them manage issues throughout their pregnancy journey, post-partum period in order to achieve and maintain healthy physical and mental state of mind. Through a combination of manual therapy techniques, therapeutic exercises and innovative rehabilitation methods, she has witnessed the incredible resilience of the human body and its capacity for healing.
Continual professional development has been cornerstone of her career with the most recent being Certified Pregnancy Yoga teacher adding a feather to her cap. She believes in incorporating evidence-based practice in her treatment as every patient is unique and responds differently to the same treatment provided. And also collaborating with interdisciplinary teams including physicians, nurses and other healthcare professionals to ensure comprehensive and holistic care for her patients.
- Masters in Physiotherapy -University of Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
- Certified Pregnancy Yoga teacher- Arhanta Yoga (Netherlands)
- Women’s Health Physiotherapy – Summit Education (USA)
- Diploma in Osteopathic Spinal Manipulation – OMT Training (UK)