HealthBay Clinic makes it easy to get the support your family needs. For first-time parents, having the guidance can be a real boon, helping them make informed choices about their child’s health and lifestyle. At HealthBay, we provide a comprehensive suite of services for your child, ensuring you have access to qualified advice and guidance at every stage of their development. From check-ups for children of all ages to dietary information ensuring they get the nutrients they need, we’re there for you. We can also help you ensure your child is adequately immunized and can help manage infections and illnesses if and when they arise, working towards optimal health outcomes for your little one.
- From Newborn to teenager routine
- Feeding and nutritional assessments
- Weight gain problems
- Growth and developmental assessment
- Management of chronic conditions
- Vaccinations (mandatory and optional)
- Fever and acute infections
- Persistent cough and breathing difficulties
- Diarrhea, vomiting and constipation
- Food and respiratory allergies
- Skin infections and eczema in children
- Skin infections and eczema in children
- Nutritional deficiencies
(including Vitamin D, Iron)
- Anemia and persistent fatigue
- Bedwetting and urinary infections
- Sleep problems
- Nutritional Recommendations
- Travel check-up
(vaccines and recommendations)
- Pediatric sports practice check-up
- School entrance check-up
- Developmental Assessments/Developmental Pediatrician
- Paediatric Allergy
Developmental Assessments/Developmental Pediatrician
A Developmental Pediatrician conducts comprehensive assessments leading to diagnosis and management of children with delayed milestones (late walkers, late talkers, ex-premature babies), special needs, and neurodevelopmental disorders such as autism spectrum disorder and ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder). They play a central role in the multi-disciplinary care of these children.
Developmental assessments involve standardized, evidence-based evaluations to determine developmental age, severity of delay and features of disorders. These include:
- Griffiths Mental Development Scales for children with mental age 0-6 years to assess speech and language, learning, fine and gross motor skills.
- ADOS (Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule) standardized observation for diagnosis of autism (all ages)
- Conners Rating Scales for ADHD
In order to obtain an understanding of a child’s functioning and behavior in the real world, nursery, school or home observations are conducted to inform education and therapy plans.
A multi-disciplinary, collaborative approach is adopted where observations, opinions, reports and strategies are shared between parents, teachers, therapists and other professionals caring for the child.
Conditions assessed and managed by a Developmental Pediatrician:
- Delayed milestones, e.g. delayed sitting, walking, talking
- Speech and language delays and disorders
- Difficulties with social interaction and social communication
- Suspected Autism Spectrum Disorder or Asperger’s syndrome
- Suspected Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADD/ADHD)
- Learning difficulties/intellectual disability
- Difficulties identified at school or nursery requiring further evaluation
- Monitoring development in children with genetic or neurological syndromes
Allergies are a common problem for children. They happen when the immune system overreacts to something that is usually harmless, such as dust, pollen, or pet dander. The immune system is supposed to protect us from harmful things like viruses and bacteria, but in children with allergies, it mistakes these harmless things for threats and attacks them.
Allergies may not manifest upon initial exposure to an allergen in your child’s body. Sensitization of the immune system occurs through repeated exposure over time, causing allergic reactions even with minimal contact with trace amounts of the allergen.
Various triggers can induce allergic responses in children, encompassing outdoor allergens like trees, pollen, and insect bites, indoor allergens like dust mites, pet dander, and animal fur, as well as food allergies from specific foods. Eczema, a prevalent condition, necessitates a well-structured treatment plan due to its significant impact on a child’s quality of life.
Symptoms differ between cases of the same allergy. Allergies can affect the eyes, ears, nose, mouth, throat, lungs, skin, or gastrointestinal tract, leading to symptoms such as nasal congestion, watery or swollen eyes, facial swelling, sneezing, coughing, breathing difficulties, itchy skin, redness, oozing or weeping bumps, stomach discomfort, vomiting, and more.
If your child displays any of these symptoms, consulting an allergist is crucial. Early identification enables the allergist to recommend an appropriate treatment plan, allowing your child to manage symptoms, take control of their condition, and enjoy an improved quality of life.
At HealthBay Clinic, we offer comprehensive diagnostic procedures, advanced equipment, and a wide array of treatment options for various allergic and immunologic conditions. Our Allergy Clinic employs a family-centered, multi-disciplinary approach, tailoring personalized treatment plans for infants and children facing allergic and immunologic diseases. This approach is particularly beneficial for children with multiple allergies, growth issues due to allergies, complex allergic reactions or with symptoms that affect their quality of life.
Dr. Carlos Baptista
Specialist Paediatrician and Paediatric Allergist
Dr. Jelena Maksimovic
Dr. Sadeem Bashiti
Dr. Sara Khawaja
Dr. Sarah Salam Rizk
Dr. Zsuzsanna Ricz