The Nephrology specialty deals with the effective diagnosis and treatment kidney diseases and the management of the systemic consequences of kidney dysfunction. In the early stages of chronic kidney disease, you might have few signs or symptoms. You might not realize that you have kidney disease until the condition is advanced.
At Healthbay Clinics , we offer treatment for:
- Effects of diseases like diabetes and high blood pressure on kidneys
- Primary and secondary high blood pressure diagnosis and treatment
- Urine abnormalities include excess excretion of protein, sugar, blood, casts, crystals, etc.
- Kidney and urinary tract infections
- Kidney stones
- Mineral bone diseases, such as Osteopenia and Osteoporosis
- Metabolic disorders such as gout and hyperuricemia
- Glomerular disorders that affect the tiny filtering systems of the kidneys called“ glomerulus”
- Preparing patients in end-stage renal disease for a kidney transplant and following them after the transplantation surgery
- Renal injury (failure) that can be sudden or acute or chronic (long term)
- Acid-base imbalances and electrolytes disorders
- Nephrotic syndrome and nephritis
- Secondary effects of drugs and toxins on the kidneys
- Autoimmune diseases include autoimmune vasculitis, lupus, etc.
- ADPKD: Polycystic kidneys diseases
- Renal consequences from obesity
- Prevention of malnutrition and muscular hypotrophy in dialyzed patients
Dr. Enrica Falbo