Dr. Maya Kabbara
Specialist in Endocrinology and Metabolism
Dr. Maya graduated in 2012 from the American University of Beirut from the Faculty of Medicine, Lebanon. She then specialized in Internal Medicine and completed her fellowship in Endocrinology and Metabolism at the American University of Beirut Medical Centre in 2017.
She has authored and co-authored multiple publications mainly in the field of diabetes and osteoporosis management.
Dr. Maya is skilled in patient-centered and evidence-based medicine and diagnoses and treats illnesses through a holistic approach.
Her scope of practice includes but is not limited to:
- Intensive Diabetes Management (including type 1 and type 2 diabetes mellitus, and gestational diabetes)
- Thyroid disorders (Thyroid nodules, thyroid cancer, hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism, thyroid dysfunction during pregnancy)
- Weight management with medications or possibly bariatric surgery
- Metabolic disorders, lipid disorders
- Endocrine hypertension, resistant hypertension
- Pituitary disorders
- Adrenal disorders
- Hypoglycemia disorders
- Reproductive endocrinology (polycystic ovary syndrome, primary ovarian insufficiency, amenorrhea, hirsutism) hypogonadism
- Disorders of Calcium metabolism and Vitamin D (parathyroid disorders)
- Fellow of Endocrinology and Metabolism, American University of Beirut, Lebanon
- Resident of Internal Medicine, American University of Beirut, Lebanon
- Medical Doctor, American University of Beirut, Lebanon
- Bachelor of Science in Biology, American University of Beirut, Lebanon
- High School Diploma, Walther-Rathenau Gymnasium, Berlin, Germany
- Arabic, English, and German