Raised and educated in Italy, Dr. Lorena is a highly experienced Cognitive Behavioural Clinical Psychologist-Psychotherapist.
She achieved her 5 years Bachelor/Master Degree in Clinical Psychology at Padua University (Italy) and further she completed her professional profile with a 4 Years Master Specialization in Como (Italy) at the Post Bachelor Specialization School in Cognitive Therapy.
She also has a Master in Counselling at Brescia University (Italy) and completed level 1 and 2 training in EMDR.
She has been working as a Psychologist /Psychotherapist for 20 years in both Public, Private Hospitals and outpatients clinics.
In addition to her clinical skills experience, Dr Lorena has had an extensive involvement in teaching, clinical research and publications in different fields such as Binge Eating Disorders and Psychological Rehabilitation after heart attack.
After moving to Dubai in 2012 Dr. Lorena got a DHA Licence as Clinical Psychologist and provides psychological treatments in a wide range of mental health and emotional issues.
- Master’s Degree in Clinical Psychology-University of Padua(Italy)
- Postgraduate degree in Cognitive Therapy – Postgraduate School of Como (Italy)
- Postgraduate degree in Counselling-University of Brescia (Italy)
- EMDR- level 1 and 2
- Couple Therapy Gottman Method -Level1
- Member of Italian Society of Psychologists-Pychotherapists – Lombardy Region
- Member of CBT–Italy
- Dubai Health Authority Licence
The service is aimed at adults (individuals and couples ).
- Anxiety Disorders ( Panic attack, Generalized Anxiety, Social Phobia, Specific Phobia , Obsessive Compulsive Disorders)
- Mood Disorders ( Major Depression , Post partum Depression, Cyclothymia, Dysthymia) Adjustment Disorders
- Personality Disorders (Narcissistic Personality Disorder. – Avoidant PD- Dependent PD.)
- Eating Disorders -Anorexia-Bulimia- Binge Eating Disorder
- Relational Difficulties
- Worry and Rumination
- Workplace stress and burnout
- Self- esteem
- Parent training
- Post -Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Coping with Emotional and psychological problems during Covid19
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy ( third wave approach)
- Post-Rationalism Cognitive Therapy approach
- Attachment theory approach
- Mindfulness Approaches
- Marital/couple Therapy ( Gottman approach)