Dr. Syed Sakib Nazir
Specialist Interventional Cardiologist
Dr. Syed Sakib Nazir is a Specialist – Interventional Cardiology at HealthBay and Al Zahra Hospital. He has completed a degree in MBBS, MRCP (UK), FRCP (Edinburgh), and CESR Cardiology (UK).
He speaks four languages: English, Hindi, Urdu and Bengali.
Dr. Sakib Nazir has more than 18 years of training and work experience in UK. He was trained in a large teaching hospital at Yorkshire Heart Centre in Leeds General Infirmary and was working as a Consultant Cardiologist in West Yorkshire England before coming to Dubai in 2013.
His practice focuses in treating broad spectrum of cardiovascular diseases such as:
- High Blood Pressure
- High Cholesterol
- Person with strong family history of heart disease
- Chest pain or Angina
- Heart Attack
- Acute and Chronic Heart Failure
- Palpitation ( Arrhythmias)
- Fainting / Syncopal Attack
- Heart Valve Disease
- Patients with previous Angioplasty, Bypass Surgery or Valve Surgery
- Cardiovascular check-up
Procedural Skills (Invasive)
- Trans-radial coronary Angiography and Angioplasty (stenting) – the procedure is being done through the wrist rather than the groin which helps the patient to start walking soon after the procedure and the risks are also low.
- Pacemaker Implantation
- Heart failure device implantation
Procedural Skills (Non-invasive)
- Transthoracic and Transesophageal ECHO Cardiography
- Stress ECHO (Physiological and Pharmacological)
- Treadmill Test
- Expert opinion on 24-hour ambulatory heart rhythm and blood pressure monitoring
- British Cardiovascular Society
- British Cardiovascular Intervention Society
- European Cardiac Society
- Trans-radial coronary angiography and angioplasty
- Heart rhythm disturbance and pacemakers
- Heart failure
- Valve disease