Dr. Stephan Ortner
Specialist Orthopaedic Surgeon
DDr. Stephan Ortner is an Austrian board certified Facharzt for Traumatology and Orthopedics with over 17 years of experience in his field. After studying Biology/Genetics and Medicine he received his training at several departments at the University Hospital Vienna (Orthopedics, Traumatology), one of the biggest hospitals in Austria (General Hospital Vienna).
Further DDr. Stephan gained knowledge in his field as a consultant in other major hospitals in Austria until he moved to Dubai in 2011. DDr. Stephan worked as an orthopedic specialist at the Rashid Hospital/Trauma Center, Saudi German Hospital and Sheikh Khalifa General Hospital in Umm Al Quwain.
He keeps himself up to date by regularly attending orthopedic meetings and training courses for surgery in his field. Despite his love for operations DDr. Stephan’s first choice will always be to try conservative therapy and then if really indicated and necessary the surgical option will be discussed.
DDr. Ortner’s breadth of experience covers:
- treatment of all kinds of fractures of the extremities in children and adults (conservative and operative)
- treatment of tendon and ligament injuries and inflammatory disorders (Tennis elbow, Achilles, and patella tendinitis, …)
- treatment of most common musculoskeletal disorders (conservative and operative)
- arthroscopy of the knee (cartilage, meniscus, and ACL)
- joint replacement hip and knee.
- treatment of back pain
- surgeries of ankle
- treatment of sports injuries in adults and children
- treatment of Osteomalacia and Osteoporosis
- use of REPULSE Light Therapy, a highly successful noninvasive treatment option for most kinds of pain, inflammation and wound healing disorders
- Kinesio taping of sport injuries