Dr. Atanas Hristov MD
Specialist Internal Medicine
Spoken Languages: English, Russian, Bulgarian
- Lung function tests-spirometry with bronchodilator reversibility test
- 24 HRS ambulatory blood pressure monitoring
- ECG Stress test
- 24 HRS ECG Holter monitoring
- Diagnosis and management of arterial hypertension, coronary heart disease, high cholesterol and other heart and vascular diseases
- Diagnosis, treatment and monitoring of diabetes mellitus, thyroid, and other endocrine- related disorders
- Diagnosis and monitoring effectiveness of treatment of bronchial asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Gastrointestinal and liver diseases
- Providing patient centered and evidence-based care with emphasis on health promotion and disease prevention
- Men’s health
- Managing Infectious diseases and diagnostically challenging conditions
- General health and cancer related screening
- Providing adult and travel vaccination advice
- Patient education in management of chronic conditions e.g. bronchial asthma, diabetes
Dr. Atanas Hristov is a highly qualified Specialist Internal Medicine with more than 20 years extensive experience in Internal and Emergency medicine. He received his medical education at the Varna Medical University, Bulgaria in 1990 and his Master’s degree in Internal Medicine in the Sofia Medical University, Bulgaria in 2000. He has had continuous specialization courses in Emergency Medicine in Germany and at the “Pirogov” National Emergency Medicine Institute, Sofia, Bulgaria.
He has been working in tertiary care hospitals and emergency care centers in Bulgaria and leading private multi specialty hospitals, including Mediclinic Welcare hospital in Dubai. Alongside with his clinical practice he has being serving as a clinical Medical Director in day care surgery and medical centers in Dubai.
Dr. Atanas has been managing huge variety of acute and chronic Internal and Emergency medical cases with special emphasis and experience in the clinical subspecialties of cardiology, endocrinology, pulmonology and acute medicine. He is passionate about the early diagnosis and prevention of these conditions.
- Master’s degree in Internal Medicine, Sofia Medical University, Bulgaria