MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
SHARE PROFILE THROUGH
LOCATIONSHealthBay Polyclinic BR
Dr. Iman Abisourour
Consultant Internal Medicine
Dr. Iman is a US trained consultant in internal medicine with over 10 years of clinical experience.
She completed her residency in Internal Medicine at the New York Methodist Hospital in Brooklyn, New York where she benefited from a fast-paced and excellent level of training.
Dr. Iman is American Board of Internal Medicine certified and a member of the American Medical Association and American College of Physicians.
She has been practicing in Dubai for the past 8 years as a Consultant Internist, delivering high quality care in an outpatient setting, with a focus on preventive medicine and wellness.
Prior to joining Healthbay in 2020, Dr. Iman worked at Dr. Sulaiman Al Habib Hospital from 2012 to 2016 followed by Valiant Clinic, Meraas Healthcare.
Dr. Iman provides evidence based medicine with a holistic approach to patient care and remains up-to-date with the latest international guidelines and best practices. She is committed to ensuring good doctor to patient communication, allowing well informed decision making with follow up and continuity of care.
Dr. Iman treats both men and women from age 12 and above in all areas of medicine with special interest in chronic metabolic disease, cancer screening and preventive health and is also trained in cervical cytology (PAP smears), basic and advanced life support (BLS, ACLS).
Internal medicine covers all medical sub specialties. In a primary/ outpatient setting, this mainly includes:
* Preventive Health check ups
* Cancer screening
* Metabolic and chronic diseases including diabetes mellitus, hypertension, high cholesterol and cardiovascular disease
* Infectious diseases- acute and chronic
* Respiratory diseases including asthma and allergies
* Mental health- depression, anxiety, eating disorders and insomnia’s
* Travel medicine
* Women’s health- PAP smears, breast exams, contraception and menopause
* Vitamin and mineral deficiencies, including post bariatric surgery
Dr. Iman speaks English, Arabic and French.