Brenda Steegmans is a Paediatric Physiotherapist with over 20 years of professional experience working with families with babies or young children with different developmental challenges.
Brenda completed extensive postgraduate training in early intervention and gentle bodywork techniques to help babies and young children achieve optimal physical development. She has specialist knowledge in the movement, development, and conditions that are likely to affect the baby and growing child.
In her therapy sessions, Brenda uses a combination of non-invasive techniques completed with tailor-made advice for parents on how they can adjust their approach towards their baby during playtime, feeding, nursing, and other daily activities to stimulate their child’s development outside the therapy sessions.
Brenda moved to Dubai in 2013 from Belgium with her family and has been with HealthBay since 2015.
- Cranio-Sacral Therapy
- Breastfeeding problems – latch, coordination sucking, breathing, swallowing
- Tethered Oral Tissues (tongue tie, lip tie)
- Digestive issues (colic, reflux)
- Preference for one side, torticollis or postural problems
- Plagiocephaly and underlying movement problems
- Developmental delay caused by hyper or hypotonia, premature birth, and underlying neurological or genetic conditions
- Plexus brachialis injury
- Assessment and therapy babies/young children that: are having problems getting settled, are crying a lot, don’t like tummy time, are clumsy, and have problems in fine motor skills and with handwriting
Qualifications and Training
- BSc Physiotherapy, HU Brussels, Belgium
- Bobath NDT, European Bobath Tutors Association, Belgium
- Advance Baby Course Bobath NDT, European Bobath Tutors Association, Belgium
- Biodynamic Cranio-Sacral Therapy, Body Intelligence, UAE
- Newborn Movement Assessment and Movement Lesson, Movement lesson Academy, India
- Psychomotor Therapy, GITS, Belgium
- Motor Development in Autism, KU Leuven, Belgium
- Fidgety Movements, KU Leuven, Belgium
- Motor Development in Down Syndrome, U Gent, Belgium
- Ne-O Course-Osteopathy in the field of Neonatology-Osteopathic Health Center, Dubai
- Physical Therapy in Neonatal Intensive Care, KU Leuven, Belgium
- Facial Therapy Course, Rashid Hospital, UAE
- Sensory Babies, Emirates Medical Association, UAE
- Treating Babies, Kindred Academy