- HealthBay Al Wasl
Dr. Tina Eckert
Dr. Tina graduated with a Ph.D. in Medicine from Hanover Medical School in 2007, finishing internships in Cardiology in Hanover (2006), Plastic Surgery in Sydney (2006) and Ophthalmology in Braunschweig (2007). She started her Residency in Ophthalmology at the University Eye Clinic Marburg in 2007 and finished at the Schlosspark-Klinik Berlin, Academic Teaching Hospital of the Charité Berlin, Germany in 2012. After successfully completing her residency, she was employed there as a Consultant Ophthalmologist. From 2015 Dr. Tina worked at the Eye Clinic at Ringcenter in Berlin as a Consultant Ophthalmologist, and then joined to HealthBay in December 2016.
Her areas of expertise include:
- Vitreoretinal surgery, especially for diabetic diseases and vitreoretinal interface diseases (macular hole, epiretinal membrane)
- Cataract surgery and refractive cataract surgery (multifocal lenses, toric lenses)
- Laser treatment for retinal diseases
- Laser treatment for the anterior segment (laser for glaucoma and capsulotomy)
- Inpatient and outpatient treatment and care, especially retinal diseases and glaucoma
- Outpatient care for ophthalmology healthcare (Infections, glaucoma, emergencies)
- Care for pediatric eye conditions
She submitted her dissertation in 2011 on “Molecular Genetic Examination to the role of TP53BP1 in patients with breast carcinoma and in rare radiation sensitization syndromes” at the Department of Gynecology and Human Genetics, at the Hanover Medical School obtaining her degree Ph.D. with “magna cum laude”.
Dr. Tina is also a member of several prestigious professional associations including DOG, BBAG, BVA, and EVRS.