- HealthBay Well Woman and Child Centre
Dr. Katia El Sibai
Consultant in Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
Dr. El Sibai moved to the USA and obtained the American Board Certification in 2012 after completion of the Internal Medicine Residency program at Case Western Reserve University Hospitals in Cleveland, Ohio. In 2014, she completed her fellowship in Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism to become an American Board Certified Endocrinologist. During her years of formation in the USA, Dr. El Sibai worked in two large hospitals, which were tertiary referral centers in the state. She had the opportunity to treat patients from different ethnicities and countries of origin, with different disease spectrum, who were admitted to the hospital or who presented to the outpatient clinic.
She is skilled in reading MRI of the pituitary gland to detect radiological abnormalities and in assessing the clinical and endocrinological effects of pituitary masses. She has also followed patients who underwent an endoscopic or open neurosurgery to have their pituitary tumors removed.
Her areas of practice include but are not limited to:
• Diabetes Mellitus (Screening, diagnosis, and management of types of DM including therapies with new oral/injectable anti-diabetic medications and insulin (including insulin pumps and concentrated insulin), Gestational Diabetes
• Thyroid (Hypothyroidism/Hyperthyroidism with treatment with medications, Radioactive iodine or surgery /Thyroid nodules /Thyroid Cancer /Thyroid abnormalities during pregnancy)
• Overweight and Obesity treatment with medications/need for bariatric surgeries
• Calcium/Vitamin D abnormalities and parathyroid gland disorders
• Adrenal disease (masses, insufficiency, hyperplasia)
• Pituitary tumors
• Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
• Gender identity disorder
• Low testosterone and libido evaluation and treatment
• Paget’s disease and rare genetic diseases with endocrine abnormalities