Baby massage is an ancient tradition in many cultures and includes many benefits for you and your baby.
We are very happy to announce the introduction of Baby Massage Classes at Health Bay Clinic. Baby massage is gentle, rhythmic stroking of your baby’s body with your hands. Participants learn a combination of Swedish and Indian massage techniques, along with some reflexology and yoga. The course is split into several different sessions and during each session a new massage technique is learnt for a different body area. By the end of the course, the full baby massage technique can be practiced. Parents leave with handouts and massage oils so they can continue the art of Baby Massage at home. Please contact our Senior Midwife Louise Ormerod for more information by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
The benefits of infant massage include:
- Strengthens the bond between you and your baby
- Establishes close and loving communication
- Develops mutual trust and respect
- Stimulates the immune and nervous system
- Aids circulation and digestion – which can relieve wind pain and colic